Eyebrow maintenance is one of those grooming practices that provides huge – if subtle – benefits. Finding your ideal brow shape doesn’t just define your eyes; it is also a face-changer that can frame your whole face. Your brows are easy to disregard, but once you find a routine that works best for you, you will be pleasantly surprised with the results.
If you are unsure about where to start or are intimidated by DIY eyebrow shaping from home, this guide is perfect for you.
Do-It-Yourself Eyebrow Maintenance Tips
Eyebrows have a big impact on your overall appearance. Professionally done eyebrows are beautiful, but not everyone has the time or money to go to the salon as often as they’d like.
If you are looking for tips for DIY eyebrow shaping from home, you have come to the right place! Below, we list some do-it-yourself eyebrow maintenance tips.
1. Invest in a Quality Eyebrow Maintenance Kit
For do-it-yourselfers, one of the most important things that you should do is to invest in a quality eyebrow maintenance kit. At LAMIK Beauty, we offer a high-quality eyebrow maintenance kit that contains everything you need to maintain your brows at home. The kit includes tweezers, scissors, brow spoolie brush, and brow stencils.
Investing in a quality eyebrow maintenance kit – one that contains the right brow maintenance tools – will help you save time and help you achieve the look that you are after.
2. Keep Your Face Shape in Mind
Keep your face shape in mind when maintaining your brows. Here are some general tips:
- If you have a round face, try to create as high an arch as you can. Look for a brow shape that follows a straight line to the peak of your brow, and stay away from rounded brow shapes.
- If you have an oval-shaped face, stick with a soft and flat-angled brow shape. It should go straight up, then gently curve around at the top.
- If you have a heart-shaped face, stick with a low arch and rounded brow show as it creates a more natural look. Avoid a highly arched eyebrow.
- If you have a square-shaped face, consider a soft, curved, or hand-angled brow shape. Stay away from short and thin brow shapes.
3. Pluck CarefullyOnce you’re done identifying the brow shape that you want, you can proceed to the practical part – take out your tweezers and carefully start plucking! Here are some tips:
- Invest in a high-quality pair of tweezers. This important instrument has to be effective in tweezing the eyebrow.
- Make sure that you are comfortable and have good lighting.
- Be careful when plucking the area above the brow. If you go too far and overpluck it, your brow will look unnaturally thin.
- Use a brow spoolie brush to comb your eyebrows and trim any hairs that stick up above the brow line.
4. Fill Your Brows InNow, it’s time to fill your brows in. But, how do you fill it in a way that looks natural? For people who have sparse eyebrows, we recommend using an appropriate brow powder and shading them. You can fill in your eyebrows using a pencil, brow mascara, and eyebrow shadow.
Note that the color of your eyebrows should be very close to the color of your hair. If you choose a color that is darker than your hair, your eyebrows will look rather unnatural.
Hopefully, these do-it-yourself eyebrow maintenance tips can help you achieve the brows that you want!
If you are looking for a high-quality eyebrow maintenance kit, LAMIK Beauty has you covered!
Check out our Eyebrow Maintenance Kit and enjoy 10% off by using the promo code: DIYKIT10.